We are excited about your interest in the PsychSIGN National Board and we would love to have you join the team. Our mission is to 1) Promote medical student interest in psychiatry; 2) Foster mentorship and a sense of community among psychiatry faculty members and medical students; 3) Serve as liaison between the professional psychiatric associations and the medical student community. As student in the field has been growing to meet the demand of our communities, PsychSIGN has found itself with a need to expand to better serve our student and general communities. Thus, this May 2018, the general body of PsychSIGN will be asked to ratify a new version of the PsychSIGN Constitution which details many changes to the governance structure.
The positions designated below are subject to final approval at the May 2018 annual meeting vote. PsychSIGN’s National Board will be led by the President and President-elect who will be elected at the May 2018 Annual Meeting by the outgoing National Board. In addition to liaisoning with the APA and subspecialty organizations, the President will directly supervise the AMA MSS Delegate and the Special Interest Chairs. The President-elect will supervise the Resident Alumnus Liaison, International and Region 1-7 Chairs. All descriptions of qualifications, duties, terms of office and methods of appointment are described in the PsychSIGN Constitution.
Positions to be selected prior to the Annual Meeting are as follows. Applicants need not be present at the May 2018 Annual Meeting to be eligible for these positions:
Special Interest Chairs
- The Social Media Chair
- The Forum Moderator Chair
- The Mentorship Chair
- The Wellness and Burnout Prevention Chair
- The Residency Application Chair
- The Resident Alumnus Liaison
These positions will be appointed by consensus of the outgoing liaison (if applicable), President and President-elect. Individuals will be selected based on relevant experience, quality of writing, and inclination towards creativity and innovation. Applications can be submitted through the following form and are due March 23rd at 5pm. Applicants will be notified of decisions through announcement at the May 2018 Annual Meeting and by follow-up emails thereafter.
Submit via the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/Om9CUBZofpkQ0how1
The following positions will be elected at the May 2018 Annual Meeting by regional participation:
- Regional Chairs
- Region 1: Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont, Ontario, Nova Scotia, Quebec, and Newfoundland
- Region 2: New York
- Region 3: District of Columbia, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Region 4: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin
- Region 5: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, Puerto Rico, and Uniformed Services
- Region 6: California
- Region 7: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba and Saskatchewan International: Covering international medical students outside of the US and Canada
The following positions will be elected at the May 2018 Annual Meeting by general body vote:
- AMA MSS Delegate
Applications will be submitted and displayed on the PsychSIGN website prior to the Annual Meeting as directed by the President. Information may be sharing in the monthly membership newsletter as per discretion of the President and President-elect. No distribution of campaign materials or form of mass communication (i.e. listservs) will be utilized by any candidate in efforts to campaign with the general membership. No member of PsychSIGN shall recklessly or negligently disseminate information on behalf of a candidate about another PsychSIGN member or candidate.
Candidates, while encouraged to submit applications prior, may announce themselves at any point of the Annual Meeting prior to the election itself. While prior submission is online, all voting will be done at the conference and thus the candidate must be in physical attendance in order to qualify. Again, candidates must be present at the May 2018 Annual Meeting to participate in the election process. Any candidate who would like to provide a statement of interest prior to the election may do so at the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/FqGfXFpddLd5DoR23